Monday, November 16, 2009

How do I retrieve lost information from my palm destop and z22?

I tried to HotSync my z22 and lost all the information on my z22 and palm desktop. Is it retrievable and how do I go about finding the two months of information that I have lost?

How do I retrieve lost information from my palm destop and z22?
It is not retrievable.
Reply:Is your Palm folder still on your C drive? Look in the Palm folder (in your Program Files folder on the C drive) for a folder with your Palm Username. In that folder should be folders with names like "Backup" "address" "datebook" "expense" and others. Look in the "Datebook" folder - there should be a file called "datebook.dat." (the data file) and "datebook.bak" (the backup file) If either of those files are there (hopefully both), your files Should be retrievable. Here's how to retrieve your files:





1) Copy your Palm folder to another location, such as the Desktop or My Documents.


2) Reinstall Palm Desktop and everything else from your Z22 CD. This will create a new "Palm" folder in Program Files.


3) Copy the following files into the folder with your Palm username: "Datebook," "Address," "Backup," "Memopad," "Todo," and "Expense." If it asks if you want to replace the existing files with the same name, click "yes"


4) Do a hotsync. Your Palm should (hopefully) now have all the old information back on it again.





Good luck...


No comments:

Post a Comment