Saturday, November 14, 2009

Is burlap good to use to protect a palm tree in the winter?

I just bought some and it says it hold moisture in, I dont need any moisture near my palm tree in the winter.I need to cover the core where the new leaves come out of so how do I do this?

Is burlap good to use to protect a palm tree in the winter?
YES...Burlap will work just fine. I have a summer home in Florida and thats exactly what I use to protect the new growth on my Palm trees.Recommended to me by a Nursery Owner with 25 years experience, and a Masters degree in Horticulture........
Reply:We did not protect ours and they were fine. But I don't know what state you live in, so if I were you I'd ask at a nursery and see what they have to say. Don't go to a garden center, ask at a nursery or a tree nursery.


No comments:

Post a Comment