Saturday, November 14, 2009

How often do I need to water my Pigmy Date Palm Trees?

I just bought new pigmy date palm trees and need to know how often to water them. I live in southern arizona and they are in pots in full sun.

How often do I need to water my Pigmy Date Palm Trees?
Whenever the top few inches of soil is dry. This should translate to about every few days to a week. Pygmy date palms are fairly hardy and drought tolerant. Their fronds may turn a bit brown in the middle of summer, because of the heat and low humidity. If this happens, just move them to where they don't get the full midday sun bearing down on them. And, resist the temptation to water them excessively in an attempt to green them back up. More plants are killed by overwatering than underwatering.


No comments:

Post a Comment