Saturday, November 14, 2009

What are white spots on my European Fan palm?

The palm does not look healthy. Are the spots some sort of insect? I lost one frond already to what looks like rot. Do I need some sort of fertilizer?

What are white spots on my European Fan palm?
Hey Evan,





Check the spots very close, use a 10x Magnifying glass. This could be Scale. Scale is an insect that is very difficult to get rid of. You need to get some Horticultural Oil and spray soon. Lesco, John Deere, or farm agricultural stores will sell that, but I had to buy it in 2.5 gallons - $40. That can be used on all your bushes though. Try to ID the exact scale insect if you can first, then learn about the life cycle (born in dirt, climb tree when?, when are they most vulnerable?). Then look for the right Hort Oil for the job.

leather casual sandals

No comments:

Post a Comment