Friday, November 13, 2009

How much space is needed to install a fully grown palm tree?

I have an area in my backyard that is about 3 feet X 4 feet and it would be perfect for a palm tree (the tree would sit right over my jacuzzi). The area just has decorative gravel right now. I live in Vegas, so palm trees thrive here. Can I have a palm tree put in with that amount of space?

How much space is needed to install a fully grown palm tree?
A Palm would be perfect for this location. Palm have relatively small root balls, especially when you consider their size----most will grow to over 50 feet. They are ideal to have around pools and hot tubs because they do not drop leaves and a very clean plant. One final bonus---as your palm grows they can be highlighted very effectively with low voltage lights.


I would check with a GOOD nursery in Lost Wages about which palms will perform best in the desert. There are dozens and dozens of different species and a palm that would thrive in Hawaii, could get fried under your desert sun in July. At a minimum buy a palm in a 5 gallon container---or go larger if your budget can handle it. When you plant it---you need to dig a hole twice the size of the palms current root ball, Right now---in the early spring---is an ideal time to plant a new palm. Good luck!
Reply:I would guess about 6 feet in al directions, but I'm not possitive. Call your local home depot or lowes. They could tell you.

leather slippers

No comments:

Post a Comment