Friday, May 21, 2010

How big of a pot should I plant Trachycarpus Takil Palm and Chusan Palm Trachycarpus Fortunei seeds?

I am talking about palm trees. These are the palms that can grow in zone 6 and withstand below zero tempertures. I have a 10 seeds of each type. Should I plant each seed in there own pot or all pinch pots. I have no idea I am just afraid of planting them wrong and not being able to trasplant them since palm trees have very sensitive roots that are to be transplanted differently than other types of plants. I have never planted a palm tree. I know they have different soil needs than most palms. Also any tips on soil type, growing methods etc. Please let me know.


Thanks

How big of a pot should I plant Trachycarpus Takil Palm and Chusan Palm Trachycarpus Fortunei seeds?
How big do they grow? I usually plant big plants in the bigggest pot I can find...at least 4x the diameter of the trunk I would suggest.


No comments:

Post a Comment