Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Coconut palm tree full grown, where do you get one and cheap at that. I am in california.?

I want a cocnut palm for landscaping my house. I do not want a small one. I want a full grown tree. Atleast 10 feet tall. I do not want to spend alot, so I need one that is at a bargain price

Coconut palm tree full grown, where do you get one and cheap at that. I am in california.?
Place a request in both the Freecycle and Craigslist for your area.


Here in Tampa there seems to always be free mature palms available due to construction, additions or change of landscaping.





You might also start to be aware of trees on lots that are marked for future construction [commercial and residential ].


Often these trees are removed and discarded.


Contact the developer.





Good Luck
Reply:So. Ca. has lots of nurseries that supply comercial landscapers. Palm trees can get expensive, but ten feet is hardly mature so may not be too bad. In Orange County try Sakioka nursery. Say hi to George for me.


Do you really want a coconut palm though? When those coconuts fall they can be a hazard, really. I grew up in So. Ca. and only saw a very few coconut palms, alway planted away from buildings. Maybe you mean one of those "mini" coconuts where the nuts only get about 1-2 inches. Grow all around Riverside and San Bernardino.


No comments:

Post a Comment