Sunday, May 16, 2010

What to plant between palm trees?

I have two sago palm trees in my front yard and I have nothing in between them. They are still very small but would like some ideas on what to do with the middle. There is about 4-5 feet in between them.

What to plant between palm trees?
I have used Lily of the Nile, and Indian Hawthorne; two lilies and one Hawthorne between the trees, supplemented with a medium sized (appx 12in by 12 in) rock. I have shaped mine into a cluster-like arrangement. Works out nicely. Provides a pleasant appearance and the lilies and the Hawthorne bloom at different times of the year, which provides some variety in colors. The Hawthornes are available in pink or white blooms and the lilies are available in white and a bluish purple. Use the DWARF lilies, as the regular size would consume too much space and be too large for your use.


No comments:

Post a Comment