Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Which Verizon Palm Treo to get and What software?

I am planning on getting a Verizon-enabled Palm Treo. But I would like input on which model to get. I believe verizon accepts the 650 and 700. What are the differences in the treo models. How would you guys compare them. Also once I've gotten a phone, I would like to know what other palm software or other software I can put on it, and where to find that software. Thanks for the help guys.

Which Verizon Palm Treo to get and What software?
I'd recommend the 700 series just for the fact the camera works better, media player is better, the processor has been upgraded.


Now, it's either the 700p or the 700wx which I'd recommend. The 700p is Palm based, if you used a Palm Pilot then you'd recognize the software and how to navigate around. The 700wx is mobile windows.


you can get software from Palm (costs money) or you can do a google search for free palm software.
Reply:Depends on your needs.. I've had them both. The treo 650 is a good unit. The difference between both is very simple...





The treo 650 doesnt have High Speed Internet. It's more like dial up, so if your not planning on using the internet alot then go for the 650.





The treo 700P is so much faster, a better phone. More programs...





Also, the 700P comes with PTunes.. and other applications, alot more memory.





Software wise, you will find free software for both units... I suggest http://mytreo.net/ They have tons of free software! and if you create a free account with them you can go online from your phone and directly download them from your built in browser.. Good Luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment